The new Neighbourhood Plan website is now live at eastonmatters.org.uk
Easton Parish Council took the decision to undertake a Neighbourhood Plan in June 2015. This will enable the local community of Easton to positively influence new development and to bring additional community benefits.
It will take approximately one year to complete the neighbourhood planning processes that will deliver legal planning policies that South Norfolk Council will use when determining planning applications in our Parish.
The aims of the Easton Neighbourhood Plan are to:-
Create an integrated approach to development to help provide and maintain a positive rural village feel for Easton.
- Keep a sense of community value in a village setting while encouraging a positive approach to future development.
- Enable a strong community voice to shape future development and direction of growth so as to maintain community spirit and enable the integration of new residents into our thriving community.
- Encourage and support the development of a community centre complex to enable residents to enjoy both indoor and outdoor recreational and sporting activities within the village.
- Take steps that safeguard our local wildlife and protect their habitats to enhance our natural environment whilst enabling local residents to continue to enjoy them.
We want local residents to get involved and help in the development of the Easton Neighbourhood Plan. Join the Steering Group or attend its meetings. Come along to the community consultation events and express your views –
- The first event was held on Saturday 31st October 2015 at the Village Hall.
- The second event was held on Thursday 26th November 2015 at the Village Hall.
- The next community workshop is on Saturday 30th January 2016 at the Village Hall between 2pm and 5pm